Despite the springtime’s sluggish movement, summertime has finally arrived, and there’s no better time to get outside and let your skin shine. Maybe you weren’t so diligent in your skincare routine as you would have hoped— thanks coronavirus—but that doesn’t mean all hope is lost! Getting your summer glow on can still be achieved so long as you follow five easy steps.
Step 1: Cleanse, cleanse, cleanse
Cleansing your skin every morning and night is the number one way to combat the accumulation of any dirt, oils, and other impurities that leave your skin feeling greasy and unsightly. If there’s one thing you absolutely must incorporate into your everyday schedule, make sure it’s routine cleansing. The cherry on top? Cleansing your face takes less than 10 minutes of your time. You can even buy an electric facial cleanser to make it easier to commit to.
If you’re in need of a new cleanser, give one of these light, yet effective cleansers a go:
- SkinCeuticals Soothing Cleanser Foam
- Fresh Soy Face Cleanser
- Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser
- La Roche-Posay Toleriane Hydrating Gentle Face Cleanser
- Skinfix Barrier+ Foaming Clay Cleanser
Step 2: Detox your pores with clay masks
Mud masks have stood the test of time in the beauty industry for centuries, and for good reason. Teeming with an abundance of essential vitamins and minerals, clay masks are the au-natural way to detox your pores and lift dirt from your face. Skip your bank-breaking hydrafacial appointments, outfit your beauty routine with twice-a-week clay masking.
Give your pores a refresh using these top-rated clay masks:
- Origins Active Charcoal Mask
- Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Facial Treatment
- Glamglow SUPERMUD® Charcoal Instant Treatment Mask
- Charlotte Tilbury Goddess Skin Clay Mask
- Algenist Perfect Clarifying Pore Corrector Mask
Step 3: Exfoliate daily
Exfoliation is one of those words that gets thrown around the beauty community, but could potentially mean different things to different people. At its core, exfoliation is the removal of dead skin cells that also supports the growth of new cells. Regular exfoliation leaves your skin looking youthful and glowy.
Most exfoliators house a myriad of different acids and enzymes that work miracles for your epidermis. As an integral piece to any skincare routine, exfoliation is the best worst-kept secret to achieving that summer shine.
Give your pores a refresh using these top-rated exfoliators:
- Isdinceutics MelaClear Serum
- Shiseido Waso Soft + Cushy Polisher
- CBDMedic Acne Treatment
- Murad Rapid Resurfacing Peel
- L’Oréal Pure Sugar Scrub Nourish & Soften
Step 4: Moisturize regularly
Rejuvenating your skin with a water-based moisturizer can reduce the probability of experiencing extreme dryness or excessive oiliness. Both extremes can have a negative impact on your skin and can even trigger obnoxious skin problems, such as acne buildup or dry flaking. It is important to bear in mind that your skin really doesn’t need a heavy-duty moisturizer during the summer months; rather it needs a lightweight, water-based moisturizer twice daily that is light and breathable.
Try out these amazing water-based formulas for your thirsty skin:
- Cosrx Light Fit Real Water Toner to Cream
- Saturday Skin Waterfall Glacier Water Cream
- Goldfaden MD Detox Hydrating Gel
- Boscia Cactus Water Moisturizer
- Amorepacific Moisture Bound Refreshing Hydra-Gel Oil-Free
Step 5: Protect your skin from UV rays
While experts urge that you sport sunscreen all throughout the year to provide your skin with the most active protection, most people only pay special attention to their sunscreen habits during the heat of the summer. UV protection is an undeniably crucial component of your beauty regimen— no matter how much melanin your skin possesses. The FDA advises SPF-level sunscreens at or above 15 to obtain the maximum amount of protection.
It’s no secret that sunscreen can make your skin look gray and aged, so if you’re on the hunt for a sunscreen that delivers high-protection and a glossy glow that’s natural and gorgeous, check out these SPF-infused moisturizers:
- Paula’s Choice Resist Daily Hydrating Fluid SPF 50
- Cetaphil PRO Oil Absorbing Moisturizer SPF 30
- Olay Complete Lotion Moisturizer with SPF 30 Sensitive
- Supergoop Superscreen Daily Moisturizer SPF 40
- Aveeno Positively Radiant Sheer Daily Moisturizer
Step into this summer with unbridled esteem and flawless skin that shines with brilliance and self-confidence. What are your favorite summer beauty products? Please let us know in the comments below!