When it comes to yoga clothes, there are so many options out there for you. Options are literally endless. There are so many different styles of yoga attire and so many ways that you can mix and match them. Whether you’re doing a sun salutation or downward dog, you’ll be looking super cute in any of these sets.
The Classic Set
Everyone loves the classic yoga set including yoga pants, a sports bra, and a comfy and flowy t-shirt or tank top to go over it. These sets come in a variety of different patterns and colors, but you can easily mix and match the items with pieces from other sets.
The Biker Shorts Set
Biker shorts have become more and more popular in recent years, even working their way into yoga. Biker shorts look best when paired with a sports bra. This set could be worn alone or could benefit from the addition of an oversized shirt.
If you’re looking to be completely matchy-matchy, you might want to pick out a set that includes everything. Yoga pants, a sports bra, a shirt, and a jacket will make you the matchy-est gal at the yoga studio. Some sets even come with a matching yoga mat and yoga block.
Oversized and Comfy
There’s nothing (literally nothing) better than an oversized shirt or sweatshirt paired with a comfy pair of leggings or yoga pants. While this won’t work in some styles of yoga that require more movement, it’s great for slow, stretching yoga where you won’t get too sweaty.
Patterned leggings and yoga pants are so much fun, especially when paired with a cute sports bra and top to match. No matter what pattern you’re looking for, there’s probably a yoga clothing company that sells it. From floral patterns to space patterns, you can find what you’re looking for.
How to Style Your Yoga Attire
If you’re looking for fun and creative ways to style your new yoga outfits, try following the style guides on the website where you bought the clothes or buying complete matching sets. Even if you buy matching sets, you can still mix and match them to create new outfit combinations.
How to Get into Yoga
If you’re a beginner just getting into the world of yoga, say, for example, you just bought a bunch of cute yoga pants and now you want to actually try yoga, here are a few good tips to get you started:
- Start with acceptance. Make sure that you’re aware that you’re not going to be perfect at everything right away.
- Release all expectations. Don’t let yourself get overwhelmed with what yoga could become for you. Instead, stay present and think about the here and now.
- Start with the core. Start with the basics of yoga before working up to more advanced techniques. Starting with the hard stuff could discourage you.
- It’s all about breathing. Learn how to breathe properly when doing yoga (your instructor will teach you and help you with this) and carry that skill throughout your practice.
- Get comfortable. You may find it hard to sit still in the beginning, or you might be uncomfortable in the silence. Get used to both of these things as soon as you can.
- Join a beginner class. Sometimes it can be difficult to get into yoga all on your own. Find a beginner class to join so you’re learning the basics with other beginners.
No matter what, have fun and keep practicing. Learning yoga isn’t a one-time thing, but an ongoing practice. Put on your cute outfit and keep trying!