Dressing up when visiting a casino has been a vital part of gaming at physical casinos ever since. Some of the top casinos across the globe have a dress code that players should adhere to. In other words, top fashion and casino gaming have always been related. The relationship between casino gaming and fashion have a long history.
Not many years ago, casino gaming was a leisure activity for the couriers, society’s upper strata and members of the elite families.
Recently gaming is accommodating almost anyone provided he or she has cash to pay for his bets. Do not get it twisted though, the fashion sense has remained consistent. However, it has changed so the regular gamers can fit in and their preferences and financial capabilities are accommodated. All gamblers have the responsibility to follow fashion in the gambling arena. However, those who would like to skip the stringent rules for some freedom and convenience could try online casinos in Japan – netteller.
Gambling fashion need
Note that there is no set fashion sense when it comes to gambling. One reason is you will find each casino has its own target audience of people with different financial abilities. Specific gambling destinations are high-profile and their aura is elevated so they need elegant dressing code. On the other hand, you can find regular casinos which are not high-profile and regular dressing is enough.
The basic elements in gaming fashion
- White tie – people refer to it as the fashion that is most formal. For males, the list can get bigger. You will find them rocking a dark bow tie, white clean shirt, evening waistcoat, nice leather shoes, and a black dinner jacket.
- A Black tie – people know this as an extra relaxed way of a black tie dress. Players can rock a tuxedo though a white dress top and a dark suit should be there. Additionally, you need to complete the look with dark socks and nice leather shoes.
- Semi-formal wear – this option is not very formal compared to the ones listed above. Women can wear long skirts with matching tops, cocktail dresses and a fashionable black dress. Men can wear dark business suit and a matching vest a dress shirt with a matching conservative tie and dark leather shoes with formal socks.
- Business (formal) – in simple terms, this is something you would wear to work. These are allowed at several casinos as long as you look good. Additionally, there is the business (casual) that most casinos accept. These include khakis, sweaters, blazers, loafers among others.
- Casual wear – you will see this in most casinos nowadays. The term casual is used to describe a dress code that looks good as long as it is not military attire.
The realistic side to casino fashion
Dressing up for a casino visit should be practical as possible. The number one rule is to wear an outfit that you feel comfortable in. The weather also dictates what to wear. For instance in Vegas, you need to wear clothes that will not give you excess heat-related issues. The activities or activity a player is looking forward to engage in is also a factor to consider. The time you are visiting a casino might also be put into considerations. For instance, some casinos have a dress code for people visiting the casino past 8pm.
Casino fashion in Las Vegas
The fashion sense in Vegas casinos is very strong. High rollers are elegantly dressed and regular gamers are normally spotted in smart casual. If you are planning to frequent a dining hotspot in a top casino, there is a need to rock a smart suit, a tuxedo or such related outfits. On the other hand, a smart casual will be fine for a regular casino.
Normally, women outfits are some dark denims, comfortable ballet shoes or a nice heel shoe, a beautiful top, and a classy jacket or sweater. As a male, you can rock a clean but cool shirt and nice leather shoes. A classy belt will be nice for those who like tucking in.
If you are visiting a casino past 8pm, then fashion differs from one casino to another but the standard dressing includes suits, sports coats, and nice leather shoes. Women can choose to go with cocktail dresses.
Fashion in the poker world
People think that poker comes with a lot of dress code needs especially in the United States. There is no much information on how you should dress since most poker organisations have not commented on the topic.