On the descending scale of love gestures through rings, we have the Wedding rings, engagement rings, proposal rings and then, the promise rings Not many people know what exactly the promise ring is, and even if they do know, a lot of people are unsure of when to give a promise ring.
What is a promise ring?
A promise ring also known as a pre-engagement ring is a ring bought and worn by lovers to signify the intensity of their love or commitment. Cliché? Well, different.
In many ways, a pre-engagement ring is exchanged by lovers to signify the seriousness of the relationship especially when the lovers are too young to get engaged, or cannot get engaged because of many underlying factors.
What does a promise ring mean?
A pre-engagement ring also has diverse meanings that are not necessarily marriage inclined, couples often clearly state what it is a pre-engagement ring means to them both. However, it is often one of the following:
- A developing relationship which the couple cherishes and would love to preserve
- Faux engagement; often because both or one partner is a minor and cannot become engaged
- LDR; to remind the couples in long-distance relationships of their love and commitment.
- Couple meaning. This ranges from a milestone achieved as a couple or for one of the couples etc.
Whichever the case may be with you, for a much-appreciated promise ring without blowing your bank, purchase lab grown diamonds in Australia.
Identifying a promise ring
A promise ring is often much smaller and less elaborate compared to engagement rings. You know, the cherry on top of the icing, a large strawberry sized diamond.
A pre-engagement ring is similar to wedding bands in their simplicity. They are often made of precious metals and can even feature expensive gemstones. Some pre-engagement rings also have messages or words engraved in them to signify what the relationship means to the couple.
Which finger should a pre-engagement ring be worn on?
There is no definite finger for putting on a pre-engagement ring. You can simply put on your pre-engagement ring on the most comfortable finger. Although many people love to wear their promise ring on their left ring finger.
When should you give a promise ring?
Now that you know what a promise ring is, wondering when you should present one to show your undying love for your partner? Well, read on.
There is no exact time as the perfect time to present a pre-engagement ring to your partner, whenever you feel the relationship requires a symbol of commitment, you can. However, there are certain exceptions.
- If you and your partner would be separated for a while, be it as a result of college or relocation, it may be best to give your partner a pre-engagement ring to show that despite the distance, you want to keep the relationship.
- If you are positive you’ve found your soulmate at an early age; teen romance, you could present a pre-engagement ring to your partner since you both are minors and cannot get engaged.
Promise rings are a sweet idea overall for blossoming romance, now that you know what it’s all about, you may want to consider getting one for your partner.