Nothing screams erudition like a classic women’s trench coat. It’s a perfect finishing to your workday suit, t-shirt, and jeans. It makes every outfit stylish.
A trench coat works magic during the cold seasons. Not only does it keep you warm but also prevents sweating from skin claustrophobia.
A classic trench coat isn’t a one size fits all attire. If you want to enjoy its benefits, select the one that suits you perfectly.
How to Choose a Fitting Trench Coat
Here, there are four key areas to consider.
- A fitting trench coat should permit your body to move around freely. You can check this by hugging yourself or raising your arms high up. Yes, stretching is normal, but if it makes you uncomfortable, then the coat is too small. A fitting trench coat should also leave some space to wear over a top, jacket, or sweater.
- The shoulder seams on the trench coat should rest at the farthest end of your shoulder.
- When closing the button placket, it shouldn’t gape.
- The backside vents of your trench coat should be flat at all times.
Choosing the Perfect Length
The ideal length of your trench coat is dependent on various factors. Such include your height, tastes, and preferences.
For instance, if you’re tall, a wrong trench coat makes it look like you’re wearing a dress. As such, the bottom of your jacket should be nowhere above the knee.
If you’re short, a long trench coat makes you look like a detective. Don’t go purchasing a coat covering your entire body. Instead, choose one that fits your body size and shape. Start by ensuring the shoulders fit perfectly on your body.
The general rule of thumb when dealing with custom trench coats is;
- A standard length on your trench coat should be two inches below your knee. Make sure it doesn’t go past the mid-knee length.
- The length of the sleeve will also vary. The ideal length should be at the meaty part of your thumb. Plus, its minimum length is at your wrist bone. Anything beyond that is too short and will not fit in your body.
Select the Best Materials
A trench coat doesn’t go out of style or fashion. Thus, you want a durable material that withstands the test of time.
As such, you need to evaluate different materials, their features, merits, and demerits. Use this analysis to determine the material that works for you.
For the avoidance of doubt, if you’re looking for a reliable and durable material, then wool is your perfect answer.
The Benefits of Wearing a Fitting Trench Coats
Incorporating a trench coat in your wardrobe is very beneficial. It ensures you’re warm and dry during the cold and rainy seasons. It also adds some aspect of style on your cold-weather outfit. The following are the primary benefits of wearing a trench coat.
- A trench coat is timeless: It doesn’t run out of fashion or style.
- Highly versatile: You can wear it on different occasions and styles.
The trench coat has remained unchanged and functional for years. The reason, they’re a versatile item, thus making a goof wardrobe investment.