Talking about hot tools, a blow dryer is an essential hot tool everyone needs. Apart from the fact that you can use it to dry hair, you can also create magnificent styles that will look good on you.
You can also use it to add volume to your natural thin hair. We have put together a list of hairstyles you can create with your blow dryer.
There are some people blessed with natural beach waves. However, you too can create this magnificent style with your blow dryer. Choosing the best hair dryer brand is essential before starting; we recommend the Babyliss hair dryer brand; check the list.
The beauty of this hairstyle is that you can rock it at any time of the year. Here is the step-by-step process to create beach waves style with a blow dryer.
- Step 1: Apply a heat protectant to your dried hair.
- Step 2: Apply mousse that is appropriate for your hair type to the root of your mane.
- Step 3: Part your hair in sections (as many as you like), then hold each section with a hair clip or band.
- Step 4: Pick a section of your hair and place a round brush in the middle of the hair.
- Step 5: Put on your blow dryer and make sure it is at least 1 inch away from your hair.
- Step 6: While blow-drying your hair, twirl the brush away from your face rolling it down your hair.
- Step 7: Repeat step 6 on that section for a few more times until you see your hair become wavy. Then do this for all other sections of your hair till you cover every area.
We are sure you love that bouncy feeling of your hair curls, but you do not have time to go to the salon. Don’t worry; you can create this style within 15 mins from the comfort of your home.
Here is how to go about it.
- Step 1: Ensure your hair is clean by washing it with a shampoo and conditioner.
- Step 2: Apply heat protectant to your hair to protect it from heat damage
- Step 3: Add volumizing mousse to your mane to add more volume.
- Step 4: Rough dry your hair until the hair is about 75% dry.
- Step 5: Part your hair into smaller sections
- Step 6: Layer a section of your hair on the brush and follow it with the dryer’s nozzle as you roll it down to the tip. Using a nozzle for this is recommended because it helps focus the blow dryer on the section you are working on. Besides, ensure you start blow-drying from the back.
- Step 7: Repeat the above process a few more times until you achieve your desired curls. Then proceed to other sections of the hair till you cover every area.
For stronger hold and longer curls, use a finishing spray.
Short hair and thinking of style to rock? Then volumizing bob is one of the options you have. You can create this style with your blow dryer from the comfort of your home.
These are the step-by-step process on how to create a volumizing bob;
- Step 1: Get your hair clean by using shampoo and conditioner.
- Step 2: Apply mousse to your hair so that it can come to life. Then apply a heat protectant to protect your mane from heat damage.
- Step 3: Rough dry your hair until it is about 75% dry.
- Step 4: Part your hair in sections at least 2-3 inches each.
- Step 5: Set your hairdryer on a high heat setting with the fan on. Starting from the back, roll a section of your hair over a barrel brush and pull it gently as you blow-dry it.
- Step 6: Repeat the above process until you are done with the whole hair.
Once you are done blow drying your hair, you can add a volumizing product and finish it with a finishing spray. The finishing spray will give your hair life with a great bounce.
This hairstyle is one of the easiest hairstyles you can create with your blow dryer. It doesn’t take much time or effort; you will be done within a few minutes.
However, only those whose hair is longer than a bob can try out this hairstyle. And here is how to create the style;
- Step 1: To get this style right, you need to wash your hair. Gently pat with a towel to dry. Use a wide-comb or detangler to detangle the hair.
- Step 2: Part your hair into whatever parting you want. Whether side parting or middle parting.
- Step 3: Apply heat protectant to your hair and rough-dry till it is about 80% dry.
- Step 4: Lift your hair at mid-length using a round brush and focus your dryer on it to give it the soft bend style. Use the dryer nozzle to concentrate the airflow from the dryer on the hair on the brush. Repeat this process till you finish with every part of the hair.
- Step 5: Finish up this look with a finishing spray to make it look shiny.
The pixie cut is versatile and can be styled anyhow you like. However, we will be talking about getting a volumizing and fluffy pixie style using your hairdryer.
- Step 1: Wash your hair and gently pat with a towel till it becomes damp – not dripping wet.
- Step 2: Apply a volumizing spray to your hair to give your mane more volume. Apply it to your palms and use your palm to rub it in your hair.
- Step 3: Use a thin plastic comb to comb your hair; so the volumizing spray will spread thoroughly in your mane. Then apply a heat protectant spray.
- Step 4: Put a nozzle on your blow dryer so you can focus the air on the smaller radius you are working on. Blow-dry along the side part of your hair, specifically close to the root. While blow-drying, use your finger to move your hair around.
- Step 5: Rub a sculpting cream on your hand and apply it to every area of your hair. Then finish up with a finishing spray.
This new year, you do not have any excuse for not rocking a magnificent hairstyle, no matter your hair type. The beauty of the styles mentioned in this article is that you do not need to go to the salon before you rock them. You can create these styles from the comfort of your home.