A great design on a T-shirt is what everyone loves. But what makes a T-shirt design great? Another question that follows is what design on a T-shirt be cool enough to be worn again and again? Most of these “cool designs” tend to be simple. However, even the most straightforward designs require certain things to be correct. And further, avoid frequent mistakes that most individuals make while going for printed t-shirts.
Below are a few simple points that you should think about before you opt for printing your masterpiece on your T-shirt. Some of the issues may seem frequent, while some may be eye-opening.
There are several items where size is not as important. However, when it comes to designs on shirts, it is essential. Even then, people seem to follow the standard size of the methods they go wrong.
- The trick is to select the size based on the kind of design you are opting for, and along with it, the T-shirt material should also be kept in mind.
The shape of the design is one of the determining factors when it comes to sizing. The condition affects the size; it can either look bigger than it is supposed to be smaller than usual. For instance, designs that are circular or square look more appealing are smaller than the standard size.
- Some individuals opt to print the designs on their own using regular paper and then use it as an example over the T-shirt to get some idea of how it may look.
- It will help if you do not select one size fit everyone policy. Therefore, it would benefit if you contemplated the sizes of your items.
- Another thing to keep in mind is the garment style. Many types of garments have limited areas for printing designs. For instance, T-shirts have a smaller width, while hoodies with front pockets have around 10 inches.
Choose wisely to come up with an interesting design.
Arrangement and position
The position and arrangement of your design often get fused with the location. With the correct arrangement and positioning, you can give a fantastic look to your outfit. However, with incorrect positioning, it might not look as appealing. Most individuals make the most frequent mistake by using the famous “belly print,” which is not the most flattering.
If you opt to have a design placed in a standard location like the entire back or the entire front, you can have your placement standard. For different sizes and kinds of garments, the measure would become helpful.
Fonts and lettering
Lettering is a basic form of the written text in its visual component. The text on its own does not affect as much, but the way it is displayed and printed includes lettering.
- Considering the design, typography or lettering is a form of arranging the letters in a comprehensible way. Fonts or typefaces are also used along with it while keeping in mind that the spacing between letters and lines is correct, also make sure that it is aesthetically appealing while merging with graphical elements.
- You must choose carefully. The fonts are an essential part of designing. Often it would help if you looked through a large number of typefaces, finally selecting the best one.
One rule that must follow when lettering is to avoid using three or more fonts for your design.
One of the things that you might remember about your school art classes is composition. It is because each design gets set up in an interrelated way. And further, this interrelation makes the entire composition of the invention.
- Most often, a great design is the result of opinion and perspective. However, there are a few basic guidelines followed when considering composition. It can help enhance the look of the design to a great extent if followed.
- A common mistake that individuals make is spacing out the elements. It might look bunched up if it is too close together, while extra spacing may throw it entirely off-balance. It could even bring attention to the wrong position, or it can get interpreted in an incorrect order.
If you work with different elements, it is essential to invest time and effort while creating your composition. You can even opt to take reviews and feedback before taking a final decision.
Quality of the images
The most frequently committed mistake made by individuals submitting their customized art is that the quality of the images is terrible. Image quality is low resolution, meaning that the photos lack pixel information that would have helped to provide good quality print.
- Images used from the internet often are microscopic. They are mostly 72 dpi. And thus cannot be printed because it is not full size. Recommended image pixel should be around 200.
- Other problems that involve low-resolution pictures include the issue of compression. More often than once, specific images contain visible artifacts from compressing. Unfortunately, until you zoom in, these artifacts cannot get discerned.
- Images that are low resolution can often be frustrating. Likewise, these files can be frustrating. Vector files are usually the best to use while printing. Vector files are not affected by the resolution and scale up to the required size perfectly for printing without losing their quality.
Another issue that plagues image resolution includes photographs of images. Along with it comes blurriness and uneven cropping; pictures must be of a good resolution and adequately scanned.
One of the critical choices that you must make is color selections. It is not necessary regarding the designs, but it also involves printing. More color choices are equal to more costly printing. Thus, it is best to select the colors that fit the budget.
Outlines and edges
Several times designs feature more than one image. Images that consist of plane edges while on a T-shirt may give off bland or cheap vibes. It can even be considered unprofessional. However, you can add borders and boundaries to enhance the look and give it more appeal.
The above points are the basics that can give your design an attractive look while turning heads. You can even hire print on demand for premium quality printing techniques. All the best!