Cannabidiol or CBD—the main ingredient for medical cannabis, is believed to help manage various health symptoms, including pain and anxiety.
Because of its purported anti-inflammatory, moisturizing, and analgesic properties, the compound found its way into the beauty industry.
The cannabidiol cosmetics market is estimated to be worth more than USD$3 billion according to Business Wire, with a projected compounded annual growth rate of 31% from 2020 to 2025.
From lotions, creams to oils and masks, CBD skincare products promise to provide clear, plump, and well-hydrated skin. Find out how you can use these products to add to your beauty routine.
How Do CBD-Infused Skin Products Help?
Products containing CBD come in diverse forms, shapes, and sizes. Topical products from Nature’s Arc Organics, for instance, range from rubs, lotions, gels, and oils.
According to researchers, CBD interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS) — a network of receptors that regulate and balance numerous functions, including the immune system, pain, inflammation, bone, muscle, and skin functions, among many other processes.
Ahead, you’ll find the perceived benefits of CBD products to help you achieve better-looking skin.
- Easing Inflammatory Skin Conditions: CBD may help ease pain, swelling, and redness in persons suffering from an acne breakout.
- Reducing Sebum Production: The compound is said to be helpful in regulating the hormones responsible for oil production.
- Controlling Breakouts: Because of its anti-inflammatory and oil-regulation properties, CBD- infused products are believed to be effective in preventing skin flare-ups.
- Mitigating Rosacea: Often mistaken for acne, rosacea is a skin condition with no known cure. CBD is said to be helpful in controlling its symptoms.
- Toning Down Eczema, Psoriasis, and Dermatitis: CBD is believed to be effective in fighting irritation and inflammation triggered by various skin conditions.
- Antioxidant Properties: This healthful compound is also believed to contain high levels of antioxidants and regenerative properties that could reverse skin damage caused by sun exposure and aging.
- Deep Moisturization: The compound is also known for its hydrating properties, which help present skin dryness.
Which CBD Products Can You Use for Your Beauty Regimen?
You can’t discount the importance of skincare when you want to feel good about yourself. Achieving great skin means you’re ready to face the world anytime and anywhere.
Make sure to snag these high-quality CBD-packed beauty products and consider them must-haves in your skincare ritual:
Smooth skin that lasts all day starts with the application of a moisturizer. A hydrating cream that’s packed with CBD boosts skin brightness, helping you achieve a healthy glow.
All you have to do is apply the nourishing cream on a clean face, and you’re ready to go. What’s more, it helps you achieve a more flawless look when applied under your favorite foundation.
Apply CBD-infused night cream to improve your skin’s recovery process. Some CBD nigh care products claim to have anti-aging effects, so they’re worth a try. Before getting one, though, make sure to check if independent laboratory tests can affirm product quality and claims.
The compound’s anti-inflammatory properties may also help get rid of eye puffiness and dark circles, leaving you with younger-looking peepers. As it’s thought to relax the skin, an eye serum laden with CBD may result in a more radiant eye area.
If you want to have a product that’s more hydrating than a moisturizer, consider getting a CBD- filled serum. More than skin moisturization, serums are said to aid in correcting skin imperfections such as uneven tone, excessive oil production, and fine lines. Use as you would a moisturizer.
Whether you’re battling hot or chilly weather, you can never go wrong by applying a lip balm for protection. A CBD-packed lip balm will drench your kissers with moisture, making them more kissable and plumper. Soothing irritated lips are also easier with a lip balm always tucked in your pocket.
Getting rid of sore muscles and preventing skin irritation won’t be a problem if you have a body lotion or salve within your reach. Lotions can be versatile in that it not only helps moisturize your skin but can be applied on areas affected by rosacea or psoriasis flare-ups. You can also use a salve to rub on painful areas when having a massage.
It’s easy to get stressed amid these trying and uncertain times. Combat stress and anxiety by having a relaxing and aromatic bath. Simply draw a warm bath and throw in any of your preferred CBD-saturated bath bombs. Soak for at least 20 minutes and get ready to doze off as soon as your head hits the bed.
The Bottom Line
You don’t have to revamp your beauty regimen just to accommodate CBD products. They’re easy to use and integrate into your daily routine. With only a few minutes to spare each day, you’ll reap the numerous beauty benefits of CBD-packed merchandise, boosting your confidence and well-being, too.