If you are soon to become a parent for the first time, there’s a lot to do when it comes to caring for a new-born baby, and skincare is a critical component, as a new-born baby does not yet have an immune system that is capable of fighting infection or contamination. If you want the very best skin-care for your baby, here are 5 of the ingredients you should be looking for when shopping for baby care products.
1. Aloe Vera – This truly is a wonder-plant as far as the skin goes, and as it is natural, it won’t harm baby, indeed, Aloe Vera soothes inflammation from fabric and nappy rash. Aloe Vera can be found in baby skin cream, body washes and Gaia Skin Naturals baby shampoo, which can be found online.
2. Organic Cocoa Seed – This purely organic cream replenishes the moisture we naturally lose during the course of a day. Veteran mums have long known the secret of the cocoa seed for skin protection, and this product is as popular now as when it was first introduced. Rather than spending time at the shopping mall, when you need baby care products, your online supplier has everything you need, and you can take the time to check out the ingredients, prior to making a purchase.
3. Organic Evening Primrose Oil – Another firm favourite with traditional mums, primrose oil is high in the fatty acids that boosts the skin’s natural ability to produce a protective barrier. Primrose would be one ingredient found in baby skin-care products, which does prevent the skin from drying out, and next time you are buying baby care products, look for organic evening primrose oil. If you are confused about the term ‘organic’, here is some information.
4. Organic Shea Butter – This is soothing for baby’s skin, while also creating a thin, invisible protective layer that keeps the skin moisturised and clean. This is also great for treating mum’s stretch marks, and it is perfect for dry, irritated skin. The Shea nut tree grows wild and once the fruit ripens and falls off, the local women collect them, which means they have never been exposed to chemicals of fertilisers. The nuts are then sun dried, roasted, grounded and kneaded by hand to produce a thick butter, and the final process is refining before the butter is ready for commercial use. The entire process is sustainable if you want to reduce your carbon footprint, and the butter is great for mum too!
5. Ylang Ylang – This is made from the flowers of the Cananga tree, which grows in Asia, Indochina, Malaysia, Indonesia, Queensland and the Philippines. This essential oil is widely used in aromatherapy and can be found in top-quality baby skin-care products, which has a distinctly fragrant aroma that is soothing for both mother and baby. Here is some government information on having a baby, which is a must-read for any new mums.
If you want the best quality baby care products, search with Google and make sure you choose items with only natural ingredients, which will protect baby from the germs in the world.